Frequently Asked Questions
Ortho-Chon® HA contains Hyaluronic Acid (HA) to support joints. Although it is commonly administered intra-articularly (injected), orally administered HA has been shown in several studies to promote joint health.
By consuming a daily dose of HA, it is constantly available to the body and actively working to support joints. Call a Platinum Advisor at (855) 766-1200 to order this formula.
- Play a crucial role in brain function as well as normal growth and development
- Provide important building blocks to the body, impacting health on the cellular level
- Highly concentrated in the brain, helping to support cognitive health
- Cannot be produced by the body and therefore must be consumed through the diet
- Also known as polyunsaturated fatty acids (PUFAs)
Cardiovascular & Circulatory
- Plays a role in normal healthy cardiovascular and nervous system function
- Supports a normal blood pressure and proper blood flow
Like many other areas of the body, the overall function and health of the digestive system is dependent on healthy, properly functioning cell structure.
The ground flaxseed in Platinum Performance® Wellness formula provides a source of soluble and insoluble fiber, which is supports digestive health. More specifically, the insoluble dietary fiber in flax may help relieve occasional constipation and promote digestive health.
- Mucilage, a soluble fiber-like nutrient, acts as a prebiotic to facilitate the growth and activity of beneficial bacteria in the digestive system.
- Vitamins and minerals can improve the uptake and utilization of various macro- and micro-nutrients.
- Antioxidants, such as vitamin E, ascorbic acid, selenium, plus L-Carnitine can support the way that calories are processed in the digestive system.
It's always best to check with your primary healthcare provider before starting any supplement program. Proper supplementation can support digestive health. Platinum Performance® Wellness formula contains a variety of nutrients and fiber to supplement your diet. Bio-Sponge® is a type of bentonite clay that is widely used for digestive support.
For chronic or severe diarrhea, the intestinal adsorbent Bio-Sponge® is recommended. Bio-Sponge® is an effective choice for diarrhea and intestinal disturbances and is widely used.
- Keeping Cool. When the body metabolizes Omega-3 fatty acids, it tends to run cooler because there is less heat produced than other sources and less water utilized, keeping athletes hydrated during heavy work.
- Less Lactic Acid. These fats also allow for a reduction in exercise-induced lactate production, which is the body's natural response when oxygen is limited and support is needed very quickly during strenuous work. The body will use fat stores before it needs to break down glucose for additional support.
- Muscle Support. With a diet rich in Omega-3 fatty acids, athletes have more intramuscular fat stores readily available and will use that as their first support source during exercise.
- Encourage Recovery. When fatty acids are present in the diet, there is a reduction in the amount of glucose utilized and more muscle glycogen is spared which will delay the onset of fatigue and support muscle recovery.