Frequently Asked Questions
When you enroll your horses in eQCO Coverage and follow the program guidelines, you can receive up to $8,000 or $10,000 in colic surgery reimbursement in the event your enrolled horse undergoes colic surgery.
eQCO Coverage is a complimentary program. You may enroll as many horses as you wish. Just order your eligible Platinum PAKs®, enroll and complete the wellness requirements to maintain eligibility for colic surgery reimbursement.
Get started in just three easy steps:
- Buy eQCO eligible products from Platinum Performance® in Platinum PAKs®. There are several product options available to suit your horse's needs. (see chart below)
- Enroll - After placing your order, fill out the online application that will be sent to you via email. Your order will ship upon acceptance into eQCO Coverage.
- Participate in a Veterinary Wellness Program (see Veterinary Wellness Program Requirements question)
Each order of Platinum PAKs® is personalized with the horse's name and ID number on the label, ensuring that each enrolled horse receives the right dose of each formula.
The wellness program requirements are simple and follow guidelines for good horse husbandry:
- Complete an annual veterinary wellness exam and any recommended follow-up care
- Complete an annual dental exam by your veterinarian
- Participate in an equine vaccination program administered by your veterinarian (per AAEP guidelines)
- Participate in veterinary-directed deworming program (including 1 fecal test and 2 dewormings per year)
Yes! All horses over 5 months old are eligible for eQCO Coverage provided they meet the eligibility guidelines below.
Your horse may still be eligible provided that it:
- Has not undergone ANY previous abdominal surgery
- Has not had a history of chronic colic (3 episodes in any 12 month period)
- Has not had a veterinary-attended episode of colic in the previous 12 months (regardless of whether the veterinarian treated the horse or not)
Depending on the level you choose, eQCO Coverage provides up to $8,000 or up to $10,000 dollars.
Once you order your Platinum PAKs® and your horse is accepted in eQCO Coverage, your coverage takes effect 28 days after shipment. Your Platinum PAKs® will continue to auto-ship every 28 or 56 days to ensure you never run out.
While it is important to consistently provide the supplements that keep your horse healthy, we understand that sometimes you may get behind. In the event this happens, just contact a Platinum Advisor to delay your next shipment up to 7 days. Your horse will remain eligible for eQCO Coverage as long as you don't delay your shipments more than 7 days per shipment and a total of more than 21 days in a 12 month period.
You are eligible for up to $8,000 or $10,000 worth of colic surgery reimbursement on approved claims made for eligible horses independent of any insurance or additional reimbursement program associated with the horse.
Yes! However, you can opt out of eQCO Pay™ if you'd like, it is an optional program.
Not quite yet. You'll need to submit an eQCO Coverage™ application for each of your horses and receive an Acceptance Notification. This step is to ensure your horse is receiving the correct dose of Platinum formulas for their body weight.
You can enroll online by completing this form.
eQCO Pay™ is a complimentary wellness-based rewards program offered by Platinum Performance™. You earn eQCO PayPoints™ with every purchase of Platinum Performance® products. Then, you can redeem your PayPoints™ to help pay for the cost of veterinary wellness services or for Platinum Performance™ products.
If interested in joining, you can call and speak with a Platinum Advisor (1-800-553-2400) or sign-up online by completing a horse profile for each of your horses (PlatinumPerformance.com/eqco-pay-sign-up) and agreeing to Terms and Conditions of the program.
Yes! Just go to PlatinumPerformance.com/eqcopay/proof to provide proof of purchase information and upload a photo of the purchase receipt.