About the Company
eQCO™ is a startup being incubated within Platinum Performance®, which was founded by a well-known equine veterinarian in 1996 and has grown to be an innovative leader in the animal health industry, researching, developing and manufacturing nutritional formulas for horses, dogs and cats, and people. We're a close team dedicated to providing exceptional products and service to our clients, which include veterinarians, horse and pet owners, and Olympic athletes. At Platinum Performance®, our mission is to improve lives through superior nutrition and unmatched personal service. We value work/life balance, and provide paid vacation and holidays, 401K with employer match and a range of other benefits. We work hard to maintain the exceptional quality of our products, our entrepreneurial values and collaborative teamwork that drives innovation. We look forward to welcoming the right candidate to join us.
About the Product
eQCO™ brings connected care to new levels as a mobile first platform that connects pet owners and veterinarians in ways not done before. With animal profiles, electronic medical records, and annual wellness exams eQCO™ will revolutionize the way we care for our pets.
eQCO™ is a startup incubated within Platinum Performance® a leading entrepreneurial and aspirational animal health brand with an 18 year track record and existing relationships with thousands of veterinary practices and pet owners across the U.S. and abroad.
The Web Designer will lead all digital creative efforts in-house and work closely with outside agency resources. Together with the Marketing and Web teams, the Web Designer will plan and create the imagery that represents our brand in the digital space - including images and graphics featured on our website, landing pages, start-to-finish design and build of HTML emails, online advertising campaigns and features for social media. The Web Designer will work with a wide breadth of high-end photography and resources, and will be a part of a collaborative and highly-driven team.
- Design, build, QA, and send HTML emails with direction from Marketing team
- Provide leadership on email and online design best practices
- Create landing pages including front-end development, QA testing, debugging and rollout
- Collaborate with Web and Marketing teams to make ongoing front-end improvements to desktop and mobile responsive sites for user experience, browser compatibility, and site optimization
- Make frequent HTML updates to current Website and new Magento Enterprise Website
- Work closely with the Marketing and Web teams in a collaborative environment
- Thrive in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment and welcome an agile, team approach
- Work with Marketing and Web teams to ensure successful, on-time delivery
- 3+ years experience working in email design and Web environments
- BS in Graphic Design, Computer Science, related fields or equivalent experience
- Outstanding design skills and ability to think strategically and execute independently on deadline
- Experience with digital marketing platforms, including email and social media, particularly Marketo
- Commitment to developing user-centered design, following Web standards, usability, and clean code
- Intimate knowledge of cross-browser challenges and developing CSS-driven layouts
- Experience with mobile development, including responsive design
- Expertise in optimizing images for different web formats
- Strong understanding of Adobe Photoshop, InDesign, and Illustrator
- Demonstrated understanding of online digital video/audio hosting and support
- Experience with Magento Enterprise is a plus
- Portfolio of web design and development projects
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Attention to detail
- Experience with the Agile Methodology
- Ability to plan and organize while also working strategically and creatively
- Eagerness to learn new technology
- Willing, positive attitude, and good teammate
We're headquartered in the town of Buellton, located in the Santa Barbara Wine Country and have a satellite office in San Luis Obispo at the Cal Poly Tech Park. We offer the opportunity to work at our headquarters, San Luis Obispo office, or potential new location in SOMA.Apply Now